Commitment to responsible investing
Mandatum Life invests its client assets responsibly, as responsibility forms a key part of our risk management process. We have signed the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI).
According to the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), Mandatum Life is required to:
- Incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and investment decision-making processes
- Be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into its ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which it invests
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) within the investment industry
- Work together with other investors to promote the Principles for Responsible Investment within the investment industry
- Report on its activities and progress towards implementing the Principles for Responsible Investment
Taking climate change into account and efficiently managing the climate risk in is one of the focal points of Mandatum Life’s investment operations. Mandatum Life has committed itself to measuring and reducing the carbon footprint of its investments over time.
We have signed the UN’s Montréal Pledge and committed to disclosing the carbon footprint of our investments annually.
Mandatum Life is part of the international Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition (PDC), which aims to reduce the carbon footprint globally, steer assets to companies with lower emissions and develop methods for reducing the carbon footprint of investments. Upon joining the network in 2015, Mandatum Life was its first Finnish member.
We are also a member of FINSIF (Finland’s Sustainable Investment Forum). One of Mandatum Life’s goals is to increase investors’ awareness of the opportunities offered by responsible investing and the risks of ignoring them.
COLLABORATION WITH WWF FINLAND
We work together with WWF Finland to promote responsible investing and to mitigate climate change. We create concrete operating models and guidelines on how investors can lower the carbon dioxide emissions of their investments in practice. This helps steer investment assets to companies that operate sustainably in terms of the environment.